- 100g sugar snaps
- 100g snow peas
- 100g runner beans
- 100g flat beans
- 100g freshly shucked peas
- 1 lime (unwaxed)
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 30g butter
- Salt & pepper
- Toasted, flaked almonds
- Clean, trim and halve the various beans.
- Layer the beans onto the AEG perforated steam oven tray (supplied with selected models only) and add salt.
- Place the tray of beans, on shelf level 2, and cook on Steam setting 3 at 99°C for 25-30 minutes.
- Zest and juice the lime in a small bowl and cover with cling film.
- Pluck and snip the thyme, putting 2 sprigs aside for garnishing.
- Melt the butter and combine with the lime juice and zest.
- Toss the cooked beans together with the thyme, season with salt and pepper and pour the butter and lime mixture over the beans.
Mix well and serve, garnished with thyme and toasted, flaked almonds.
It is very easy to convert this recipe into a complete meal: simply steam four fillets of fish (e.g. salmon or cod) in a buttered ovenproof dish on shelf level 1 while the beans cook on shelf level 2, and serve them on top of the beans.