- 400g asparagus, trimmed
- 2 small cooked lobsters
- 250ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 50ml strong fish stock
- Heaped tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp sherry
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 50ml cream, softly whipped
- Salt & pepper
- Place the asparagus in an ovenproof dish on shelf level 3 on Steam setting 3 and cook at 99°C for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Remove the claws from the lobster and crack using a meat tenderiser or the blade of a heavy knife. Cut the lobster in half lengthways along its shell, loosen the tail meat in its shell, then lay the lobster shells cut side up on a baking tray.
- Pour the orange juice into a pan, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until reduced by a third. Pour in the fish stock, bring back to a boil, reduce heat again and simmer until reduced by half.
- Blend the cornflour with the sherry and whisk into the reduced juice mixture until it has thickened slightly. Stir the lightly beaten egg yolks into the whipped cream, then fold this into the orange mixture with a few drops of Tabasco and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour this mix over the lobster and grill on shelf level 5 on the ‘Grill level 2’ program at 230°C for 3-4 minutes until it is lightly golden.
Serve with the steamed asparagus and lemon wedges.
If you use a live lobster for this recipe, boil water in a large pot with ½ peeled onion, 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tsp caraway seeds and salt. Let the lobster glide into the boiling water, then simmer gently for 20 minutes.